- Published on Monday, 14 May 2012 00:50
- Written by Kelli Kennedy, Associated Press
Federal health officials confirmed 33 cases of a rare fungal eye infection across seven states on Thursday, stemming from products mixed in a Florida pharmacy that also mixed supplements that killed 21 elite polo horses in 2009.
The patients had all undergone some type of eye procedure, including surgery or injections. Twenty-three suffered some degree of vision loss and 24 patients had to undergo another eye surgery, according to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Published on Thursday, 03 May 2012 08:01
- Written by Jackie Jones, BlackAmericaWeb.com
Common eye diseases often are difficult to detect because they often have no early warning signs or symptoms, according to the National Eye Institute at the National Institutes of Health.
- Published on Thursday, 03 May 2012 07:58
- Written by Tonya Pendleton, BlackAmericaWeb.com
CNN’s T.J. Holmes was keeping a deep, dark secret for some time that has finally been revealed, thanks to "The Tom Joyner Morning Show" and Tom Joyner himself. The CNN anchor hadn’t had a medical checkup in years, and, like many other people - especially black men - he probably wouldn’t have gone until something bled, broke or fell off.